Dementia Discovery That is Leaving Doctors Speechless (Try This Tonight)
Better than Morphine For Joint Pain… Yet Safer Than Aspirin?
Find Out If You May Qualify For Disability Benefits Today
How To Get Rid Of A Sore Throat Fast – What You Should Know
A sore throat can be a painless or painful sensation, depending on the cause. Sore throats are usually due to viral infections and are not serious unless there is fever, green sputum, trouble swallowing, high-pitched purring noise in the ear (glossitis), swollen tonsils, or lymph nodes in the neck.
The goal of this article is to help people overcome their sore throats fast. Some of the suggestions offered include gargling with salt water or warm tea mixed with honey twice a day. Gargling will help get rid of any bacteria that may have developed in your throat because it will cleanse your mouth and tongue from congestion which would lead to respiratory problems later on. Gargling for 15 minutes twice a day is enough to have a fast result. For children, it is essential that they gargle with warm honey water to promote the healing of sore throats.
The next suggestion in this article is natural ways to do away with a sore throat quickly. Sore throats are usually due to viral infections and are not serious unless there is fever, green sputum, trouble swallowing, high-pitched purring noise in the ear (glossitis), swollen tonsils, or lymph nodes in the neck. Before going into these natural methods of treating a painful sore throat, let us first get some background information regarding the common causes of sore throats.
Common causes of sore throats include:
1. Cold, Flu, and Viral Infection. Sore throats are usually associated with common colds and flu, although many people experience a sore throat when they are simply bored or very stressed out. Sore throats can also be caused by a virus called Rhinovirus which is common during the winter months, but may also appear anytime it is colder than 75 ° F (24 ° C).
Most sore throats can be prevented from infecting by practicing good hygiene and taking proper precautions in order to prevent getting sick. Wash your hands before eating and after using the computer or other electronic devices. As part of general good sanitation, brush your teeth to prevent the spread of germs. Also, avoid sharing drinks and food with friends.
2. Sinusitis. A common cause of sore throats is sinusitis (sin-uh-sit-yoo-tis). A sinus infection is a painful inflammation in one or more sinuses which are air-filled cavities located behind the eyes, forehead, cheeks, and nose. Sinus inflammation is usually caused by viruses such as rhinovirus, adenovirus, and influenza virus.
Symptoms of sinusitis include stuffy nose, headache, fever, drainage from nostril(s), facial pain, or pressure(s) in the affected area(s). Once a person is infected with a virus that causes sinusitis, it can remain for weeks or months if the infection is not treated.
3. Hay Fever and Allergic Reactions. The common symptoms of hay fever include watery eyes, sneezing, and runny noses. The allergic reaction in the body also affects the throat and paranasal sinuses leading to sore throats. In the case of people who are suffering from hay fever, doctors advise drinking lots of fluids to prevent dehydration from throat irritations when you have an attack or allergy symptoms such as sneezing and a runny nose.
Once you have an allergic reaction, the body tries to fight off allergens that have entered the bloodstream. When someone is having an allergic reaction, it is important that they treat their sore throat with care. Do not drink or eat anything until your throat feels better. If symptoms of an allergic reaction continue, immediately seek medical attention from your doctor or emergency room.
4. Voice Overwork and Vocal Cords Problems. In some cases, people who talk too much or strain their vocal cords with too much singing develop hoarse voices that become painful to talk about and can cause painful throat feelings. Acute (short-term) hoarseness usually occurs after a period of continuous speaking or singing.
The vocal cords are the muscles in your neck that vibrate to produce speech and singing sounds. Sometimes the vocal cords become inflamed, dry, or irritated causing a sore throat. Voice overwork can also cause inflammation of the larynx or throat (a condition known as laryngitis). Laryngitis is usually caused by viruses such as adenovirus, parainfluenza virus, and respiratory syncytial virus.
Now that you have all the information regarding the causes of sore throat, let’s get some natural ways to do away with your sore throat fast.
1. Gargling With Salt Water: If you have a sore throat from a cold or flu, gargle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in one cup of warm water. Do this two times a day to soothe your throat and get rid of any bacteria.
2. Gargling With Warm Tea And Honey: Another method to do away with your painful sore throat is gargling with warm tea and honey. Mix 1/4 cup of warm water with 1 teaspoon of honey and a pinch of salt. Gargle with this solution for 10 minutes twice a day.
3. Gargling With Baking Soda And Warm Water: To avoid the worsening of your sore throat, gargle for 10 minutes with baking soda and warm water 1 to 2 times per day. Baking soda acts as an antacid that helps break up mucus and tissue in your throat which leads to swelling of the tonsils or pharynx (throat).
4. Gargling With Salt Water And Vinegar: One other remedy for sore throats is to mix half a tablespoon of vinegar and two tablespoons of salt in one cup of warm water. Gargle with this solution twice a day to help relieve the symptoms of a sore throat.
5. Gargling With A Betadine And Vinegar Solution: Mix 3 cups of warm water with one-half teaspoon of betadine sore throat formula and two tablespoons of vinegar. Gargle with this solution for 15 minutes twice a day to get rid of your sore throat in no time. Betadine is an antiseptic that can kill organisms that cause sore throats such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
6. Gargling With Warm Salt Water And Hydrogen Peroxide: Mix 3 tablespoons of salt in one liter of lukewarm water and add ten drops of hydrogen peroxide. Gargle with this solution for 10 minutes twice a day to soothe a sore throat.
7. Gargling With Salt Water, Cinnamon, And Honey: Add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder to one teaspoon warm honey and mix it with half a cup of saltwater. Gargle with this remedy 5 minutes twice a day to relieve your throat pain and get rid off of sore throat fast.
8. Gargling With Honey And Warm Water: Mix one tablespoon of honey with one-half cup of cold water and gargle for 5 minutes twice a day to heal your sore throat.
9. Gargling With Salt Water And Lemon Juice: Mix one tablespoon of salt in two cups of warm water and add half a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Gargle with this solution for 10 minutes twice a day to soothe your sore throat pain fast.
So, that’s all for today. I hope you found the information useful and that it helped you to do away with your painful throat problems. Please feel free to leave a comment or post your questions below, if you have any. Thanks again for reading this article!
Disclaimer: The information in this article is intended for educational and entertainment purposes only and should not be used instead of or contrary to that of a medical professional. Before taking supplements, starting a new diet, or embarking on a new exercise regime please consult a medical or nutritional professional. The owners of “Getting Healthy After 50” are not medical professionals and are simply redistributing information that is freely available on the internet.
The video at the top of this post is from the Motivationaldoc Youtube Channel.