Dementia Discovery That is Leaving Doctors Speechless (Try This Tonight)
Better than Morphine For Joint Pain… Yet Safer Than Aspirin?
Find Out If You May Qualify For Disability Benefits Today
Losing Weight During Menopause Tips – What You Should Know
One of the biggest challenges faced by women during menopause is weight gain. Menopause causes a woman’s hormone levels to decrease significantly and can lead to many problems including weight gain, night sweats, hot flashes, and mood swings. The hormonal imbalance can cause your metabolism to slow down so much that you don’t have enough energy for your day-to-day activities or exercise sessions. The solution is to lose weight during menopause and keep it off.
There are several ways to lose weight during menopause; you can start with simple things like cutting back on sugar and replacing it with complex carbs, eating a healthier diet, and doing some basic exercise even if it is just five minutes a day. Even if you try to lose weight while you are still in your 20s or 30s, the process may take longer than you anticipated because of your rapidly changing hormone levels. If you do not maintain the weight loss once the process has ended, it will be harder to stay motivated when your hormone levels start reversing again.
You can start your weight loss goals with some simple changes in your daily routine such as taking a brisk walk every day instead of driving to the grocery store or bank. Set a schedule and stick to it by taking small steps each day. For example, if you want to start walking 20 minutes a day, start by walking for just five minutes at first and then slowly increase the time spent on your walks until you are able to achieve your goal.
As you progress towards your weight loss goals, remember to add some variety to the process. It is not always good to stick with the same exercise routine as you may get bored with it easily and give up midway. You can go to a gym and attend a dance class, take up swimming or aerobics, get involved in Zumba classes near your area, or start running your favorite route around the neighborhood.
The next part of your weight loss goals will be diet. To lose weight during menopause, you will need to reduce the number of carbs you eat and focus more on proteins and healthy fats. One of the best ways to cut down on carbohydrates is by eating fresh vegetables. You can also try incorporating high-fiber foods into your everyday diet like oatmeal and beans. If you want a hearty meal in a short period of time, go for whole-grain pasta as it is very filling and rich in nutrients.
You can also start preparing your own nutritious meal. Cook in bulk and freeze the leftovers for later use so that you have more variety on hand and don’t get bored with the same meals again and again. Experiment with different recipes too and try substituting some of the ingredients with low-carb alternatives to make sure that you are getting all the nutrients you need to stay healthy.
To improve your metabolism, try incorporating strength training into your daily workout routine. You can start by doing five minutes on a stationary bike or walking up a flight of stairs for one minute every day or twice a week. Do not overdo it but make sure that you are getting your body moving regularly so that you do not lose motivation midway.
To prevent the drawbacks of weight gain during menopause, it is imperative that you eat enough calcium as part of your daily diet. It is best to consume 300 to 400 milligrams of calcium per day for women who are between the ages of 50 to 70 years old and 500 milligrams per day for those who are over 70. You can also increase your intake by having a cup of milk or adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of yogurt to your cereal every morning. Talk to your doctor about adequate calcium levels before you start taking supplements; this will make sure that you get the right amount of nutrients without being over-dosed with extra ingredients.
A calcium supplement can be beneficial if your diet is lacking this essential mineral. If you do not like taking supplements, you can also include foods that are rich in calcium like cheese and fortified juices, and soy milk. You need to take extra care during menopause as it is a critical time of change in your life and diet adjustments have more drastic effects on your body.
Losing Weight During Menopause Tips – Here are some tips on how to lose weight during menopause:
• Delay your goal weight by at least six months. The last thing you want is to finally reach your goal weight only to find out that this was too soon for you.
• Don’t confuse diet with exercise. You may think that losing weight means eating fewer calories, but it does not have to be so strict. Eating healthy can help you lose weight and keep it off but it is not the only factor in keeping a healthy body.
• Take advantage of mindless time-wasters like television and the Internet and indulge in exercise instead. These activities will help you to feel good about yourself and help pass the time when you are at home doing housework.
• Eat more fruit because of its high fiber content which will help you stay fuller for longer and eat less. You can also use a bowl for fruits instead of a plate as it is easier to dig in.
• If it is not possible for you to lose weight on your own, then ask your doctor for help. He or she may recommend a specific diet plan that might not be perfect but will still be a step in the right direction.
• Eat more fiber-rich foods like whole-wheat noodles, oatmeal, brown rice, and beans. These can help you feel fuller for longer and keep you from feeling hungry between meals.
• Specialized diets such as The Menopausel Switch Diet is designed to promote weight loss by switching out carb-rich foods with protein-rich ones. Not only will this make you feel full but it will also help with your energy levels.
• Make sure that your diet has a healthy mix of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates so that you feel good and energized throughout the day. Besides having a balanced diet, be sure to exercise regularly to lose weight during menopause in a healthy way.
When losing weight during menopause, you have to pay attention to several factors. Some of these are the hormones that aid in regulating your appetite and metabolism and others are the foods that you eat. You may need to make a few changes, but if you stick with them it should not be too difficult for you. There is no reason why you cannot lose weight during menopause as long as you follow the proper instructions.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is intended for educational and entertainment purposes only and should not be used instead of or contrary to that of a medical professional. Before taking supplements, starting a new diet, or embarking on a new exercise regime please consult a medical or nutritional professional. The owners of “Getting Healthy After 50” are not medical professionals and are simply redistributing information that is freely available on the internet.