Dementia Discovery That is Leaving Doctors Speechless (Try This Tonight)
Better than Morphine For Joint Pain… Yet Safer Than Aspirin?
Find Out If You May Qualify For Disability Benefits Today
Over 50 Arm Workout – A Few Easy Exercises
When we reach the age of 50, our muscles start to change and the fat begins to accumulate. As weight piles on our upper arms, it can cause a lot of pain and discomfort in addition to making it harder for us to wear strapless or V-neck clothing. When this happens, we’re probably pretty frustrated with what’s happening under our clothes.
Many people think that they need to wear a bra just so their shirt will fit around them but in reality, bras are not necessary.
If you want to look and feel good, you are going to have to get back into exercising again. Exercising is the only way that you can get rid of the flab under your arms.
This article will show you some simple exercises that will help burn or melt off that fat under your arms while toning and shaping your arms at the same time.
Here are some very simple exercises that we can do at home without having to go to a gym:
1. Use your own body weight for this exercise by simply raising and lowering both arms at a time. If you need something extra, then just hold onto some small weights for added resistance. While raising and lowering your arms, that is when you should be focusing on those muscles being worked.
To do this exercise correctly, you need to make sure that your elbows are at your side with your hands by your hips as you raise and lower them. Try to concentrate on using the muscles under the arms so that they start to get stronger and burn more fat. This exercise can also be done by alternating between pushing outwards or inwards (as if mimicking a chest press or a tricep extension). By switching it up like this will give you great results because not only will it tone the upper arm and shoulders but it will also work the chest, triceps, and abs.
2. This exercise is actually a lot like the Tricep Extension. In fact, it’s almost identical to it. This is because the starting point of this exercise and the Triceps Extension are exactly the same which is at your elbow. Instead of bending your elbows at 90-degree angles though, you’ll bend them up or down slightly which will allow you to target muscles on top of your shoulders as well as on beneath your shoulders. Again, bending your elbows and lowering or raising them will target different areas.
To make this exercise even more effective, try holding a small dumbbell in each hand or use some light weights that are attached to some resistance bands that you can wrap around your arms.
3. This exercise is kind of like a combination of the Overhead Press and the Incline Bench Press. You will first want to lie down on a bench with a barbell over your head. Once you’re lying down, you then want to press the weight up above your eyes. While doing this exercise, you’ll want to rotate your shoulders in each direction which will target different areas. You can even do this exercise while holding dumbbells to add more resistance and make it tougher.
Here’s a couple to help your legs also:
4. This exercise is done by standing in front of a chair with one foot on it. Bend the knee that’s not resting on the chair. Then extend the knee that’s on the chair and lower the heel toward your butt. Bending your knee and lowering it, will target your quadriceps which are located on top of your thigh.
You can perform this exercise by doing a single leg or even doing them together. If you do it as a single-leg exercise, then the other one you’ll want to lift up off of the ground and hold while doing so. You can also put your arms behind your head while doing so which will give you some added resistance and make it harder for you to do it correctly.
5. The deadlift is a very hard exercise that will also burn fat like crazy. To perform this exercise, you’ll want to make sure that you don’t use a weight that’s too heavy or too light. You also want to focus on using one leg at a time so that it helps to target and work the muscles in your legs while improving posture as well.
The exercises listed above are just some examples of how you can get rid of flab under your arms. You can do any other exercise depending on the type of workout routine you’re going for and what the form is easier for you to do.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is intended for educational and entertainment purposes only and should not be used instead of or contrary to that of a medical professional. Before taking supplements, starting a new diet, or embarking on a new exercise regime please consult a medical or nutritional professional. The owners of “Getting Healthy After 50” are not medical professionals and are simply redistributing information that is freely available on the internet.