Dementia Discovery That is Leaving Doctors Speechless (Try This Tonight)
Better than Morphine For Joint Pain… Yet Safer Than Aspirin?
Find Out If You May Qualify For Disability Benefits Today
Improve Heart Health Naturally – What You Need To Know
Chances are that if you’re reading this blog post, you’ve been trying to improve your heart health on your own and have seen some results from it. While most people think of exercise and eating healthy as the best ways to lose weight, a number of other techniques can also help reduce the risk for heart disease. In this blog post, we will go over a few ways that older people can get the cardiovascular benefits they need without going through hours-long cardio workouts or with expensive supplements (which is why many medical professionals recommend these methods).
* Eat Healthier — this one is pretty self-explanatory. Getting your recommended daily allowance of fruits and vegetables can help reduce your risk of heart disease and diabetes. There are many other foods that you can eat to improve heart health as well, such as oatmeal, yogurt, dark chocolate, and plenty more.
* Maintain a Healthy Weight — more than half of Americans are overweight or obese, which puts them at greater risk for cardiovascular problems. If you’re not exercising regularly, start with small steps (like taking the stairs instead of the elevator) that will lead to a healthier weight. This will also help prevent you from getting stuck in a rut with too much physical exertion (or lack thereof).
* Take a Multivitamin — many people think that they can get all the nutrients they need just by eating healthy. While this is true to a certain extent, supplements are a good way to make up for deficiencies that you may have through a poor diet. For older people, it’s mostly B vitamins because of the decline in metabolism and food absorption, so if you have a prescription for vitamins or take them as a supplement, definitely take them!
* Exercising — no matter what your age, combining cardiovascular exercise with strength training will help you get the benefits of exercise without feeling like you’re pushing yourself too hard. If you’re a senior citizen, exercises like walking, light weightlifting, and swimming are ideal because they’re low impact and can help you exercise without injuring yourself.
* Think Positive — while this seems like a weird tip to give out for heart health, it has been scientifically proven that your state of mind can have an effect on your health (for example, research has found that happy people are 10-15 years younger biologically than their real age). Brains tend to decline as we get older anyway, so it’s important to stay happy and positive to keep your mind sharp and alert!
Improve Heart Health Naturally – Learn How To Lower Your Cholesterol By Clicking The Image Below.
Improve Heart Health Naturally – An Easy Exercise To Help Improve Your Heart Health
Here’s an easy exercise you can do right at home to improve your heart health:
Stand with your feet slightly apart and slowly raise one leg up as high as you can. (Make sure not to arch your back!) Hold this position for a few seconds and then slowly lower it. Do this at least 10 times on each side, making sure to switch sides. This exercise is great for the circulatory system because it raises the heart rate and gets the blood flowing throughout your whole body!
By doing these exercises regularly, you won’t have to feel exhausted for lack of physical exertion, will develop a healthier heart naturally, and will be able to prevent disease that may be lurking in the future.
Improve Heart Health Naturally – Eat This Everyday
Here’s a great heart-healthy food that you should eat every day.
Almonds. Eat a handful of nuts (almonds are a great way to get heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which can help with blood pressure and keep your heart healthy) on each meal. Be careful though, because too much fat can lead to high cholesterol levels, which can cause clogged arteries and heart disease just like it does in obese people.
I hope this article helped you understand that there are ways to improve heart health naturally. If you have any other suggestions please feel free to leave them in the comment section below.